What is it?
The gold badge on a users profile means the user has address verified their account. This higher level of verification gives the user more credibility and trust among the Adverts community.
How do I get address verified?
- Log in and go to ‘My Profile’. Please note: you can only address verify using the full site
- Click on the ‘get address verified’ link under your name.
- You will be asked to enter your details (name and address) and to buy €3 worth of credit (this will be re-credited to your account once your address has been successfully address-verified. Note this credit will expire after 90 days if not used.) This credit cannot be refunded, it can only be used on the site.
- We will then send you a postcard with your address verification code. Please note this can take up to 10 working days
- Once you receive the code, follow the instructions on the postcard to complete your address verification.
Is address verification mandatory?
No, it is not mandatory for private users but it is recommended for added security.
However it is mandatory for all shops advertising on Adverts.ie.
Is there a cost?
We ask you to buy €3 worth of credit to verify your account. This is to cover printing and postage costs and to add extra security to the process.
However, once you are successfully address verified, we will add €3 credit to your account. (Note: this credit cannot be refunded and can only be used on the site).The payment can be made via Paypal or credit card.
Will other users be able to see my address?
No. The details you give us are solely kept for account verification purposes. They will not be displayed on our site and other users will not have access to them.
However, should the authorities make an official legal request; we will be obliged to provide them with these details.
Shops registered on Adverts.ie are required by law to display their address to the public.