All Shops must also be familiar with the Distance Selling Regulations (refunds, warranty, etc) and consumers' legal rights published by the National Consumer Agency (www.nca.ie).
All shops are asked to display their own refunds and exchange policies on the site. If there is a failure to do so, the standard Distance Regulations exchange and refund policies apply (30 days to make an exchange or apply for a refund).
Under the European Communities Regulations (Directive 2000/31/EC) Regulations 2003, all Businesses must provide the following details when registering an account with us:
- Full contact details of your business
- Details of any relevant trade organisations or authorisation scheme
- Clear indication of prices, tax and delivery costs if relevant
- VAT number if your online activities are subject to VAT
- Proof of registration and approval of competent authority if selling Food items
Please read our general rules before posting your first listing.
In addition to these rules, shops are committed to:
- Post ads with accurate details and photos
- Not edit an ad's description to change it to a different item
- To only post one item per ad, and only choose one category for your ad. Multiple and duplicate ads will be deleted
- Post the same (or lower) asking price as advertised on their website/store, etc
- Mark their ad as sold or withdrawn when an item becomes unavailable/sold out
- Check their ads/emails regularly and respond to questions/complete sales within 24 hours (except at weekends)
- Complete the deal on Adverts.ie. Shops may not use Adverts.ie to direct buyers to another site
- Not use their Shop account to sell personal items*
Also you cannot Private Message users until a transaction has taken place. Offers to buy or sell items outside of the Adverts.ie Marketplace are not permitted. For transparency, all questions and comments are published on the ad.
* Shop accounts may not be used to buy items on Adverts.ie. You will need to register a personal account.
Breaches of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:
- Warning issuance
- Account removal
We reserve the right to edit and delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice. Removed accounts remain obligated to pay Adverts.ie for all unpaid fees.
Adult Boutique Terms & Conditions.
All shop accounts must adhere to the current Adverts.ie shop house rules and the general rules of the site
The following items are prohibited in the Adult Section of the site:
- Any Adult Films rated or unrated, books, audio, images, comics, animation or computer games.
- Images of nudity for the display of items.
- Domain names for sale.
- Service listings or listings for sexual activities.
- Links to sites that contain adult items prohibited by Adverts.ie
- Digitally delivered adult goods.
The following restrictions apply on listings:
- All items must be new
- All bondage, sex toys and or other accessories cannot be modelled on a real person or mannequin.
- Books on sex, relationships, sexual education and self-help are generally allowed.
We reserve the right to remove or restrict any item from any category without notice.