What is not allowed on Adverts.ie?
Basically, anything illegal is not allowed. However, there are some items which, while legal to sell, buy or own, are not permitted to be sold on this site.
- AC/DC concert tickets for Croke Park, August 2024
- Ads for your ads
- Airsoft guns/ammunition. Please go to the dedicated airsoft adverts forum on boards.ie if you wish to sell these.
- Animals and unauthorised / illegal wildlife products with the exception of livestock (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and poultry only). Please note that when selling livestock, all rules and regulations from the Department of Agriculture must be adhered to with regards to animal identification and movement
- Baby food
- Beer Kegs and beer taps, coolers etc. These remain the property of the brewers
- Calor Gas cylinders.
- Cannabis seeds
- Cigarette or nicotine replacements/Vapes
- Coldplay tickets for Music of the Spheres Tour
- Diet pills and gels.
- Digital currency trading is prohibited.
- Domain names. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of domain names and the potential for trademark or copyright infringement, the sale of Internet domain names is prohibited. Please use Sedo instead.
- Ducks, ducklings and fertile duck eggs. We are aware of the alarming trend that has arisen in recent days whereby ducks and hatchlings are being obtained solely for use on social media platforms, with no thought or consideration being given to their subsequent welfare. While the majority of sellers will of course be responsible in who they sell their livestock to, unfortunately not all sellers were doing so. We therefore feel we have little alternative but to remove all such ads until this trend subsides.
- Electric Picnic tickets (including camping tickets)
- FAI tickets for Irish International games
- Firearms, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and hazardous materials. Adverts.ie does not permit the listing of projectile and concussive weapons that employ gunpowder or explosives. Basically anything that is considered a weapon is prohibited. Replica firearms and Air Rifles are prohibited. Toys that fire rubber pellets or foam darts are permitted.
- Daggers, hunting knives and pocket knives, swords
- Prong or choke collars.
- GAA All-Ireland Final tickets (football & hurling)
- Garda speed meter detectors. These are illegal. Here's the relevant legal excerpt.
- Garth Brooks tickets
- Golden numbers for mobile phones. It is against the T&C's of the mobile service providers to sell these
- Hate materials.
- ID cards of any kind(Government IDs, college IDs, birth certificates, etc)
- Irish Open Golf tickets 2021
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
- Illegal items. Items sold on adverts.ie must adhere to all applicable laws. This includes the sale of items by individuals outside the Republic of Ireland and the EU. Some items that may not be sold include: Stocks and securities, lottery tickets, illicit drugs, prescriptive devices and drugs, lock-picking devices, smart cards, and any product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- IMEI blocked Phones
- Internet Service Provider Equipment. Some equipment supplied to you from an internet service provider (ISP) remains the ISP's property and must be returned to them on termination of a contract. Some examples of this type of equipment are Irish Broadband's RipWave or Digiweb's HomeWave.
- IPTV: Including, but not limited to, loaded/chipped firesticks, Dreamboxes loaded with Kodi or similar.
- Irish Broadband Ripwave units.
- Irish Defence Forces Uniforms
- IRFU Tickets as per IRFU T&Cs Tickets may only be purchased from the IRFU or officially authorised agents of the IRFU. Any ticket obtained from any other source (for example, unauthorised intermediaries such as ticket brokers, internet auctions, internet ticket agents) will be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any person seeking to use such a ticket obtained through unauthorised sources will be refused entry into the Stadium, ejected from the Stadium and/or will have their ticket seized by the Management, in addition to other remedies available to the Management.
- Items that infringe upon an individual's privacy. We hold personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual's privacy are prohibited. Additionally, the sale of marketing lists (bulk e-mail lists, direct-mail marketing lists, etc.) is prohibited.
- Laser pointers > 5mW no greater than Class IIIa. Please read the Classification System and safety info. If you wish to sell airsoft scope/sights laser, please go to the airsoft adverts forum on boards.ie.
- Leap cards
- Manchester United tickets
- Marathon entries for Dublin City Marathon
- Methylated spirits
- Metal detectors
- NTL/UPC/Virgin Media Equipment. Resale of these is against Virgin Media's terms of service.
- Offensive material. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted on adverts.ie. Also, be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some items may be acceptable to some people, but unacceptable to others. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
- Order of Malta uniforms . They are a charitable organisation and only rent out the uniforms to their members. These can't be sold.
- Penney's (or similar) appointment slots.
- Perfume samples from Chanel, Dior, Givenchy
- Pirated software. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through adverts.ie. Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, NFR (Not for Resale) software, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (pre-release), unauthorised freeware/shareware, and "soft-lifted" software versions are prohibited. OEM software must be sold with the hardware with which it was sold, or in accordance with the terms the OEM software is sold with. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells pirated software through adverts.ie will be permanently banned.
- Pirated video games. Video games sold through Adverts.ie must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Silver disks, video game emulators, Sega boot-disks, game enhancers, unauthorised video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
- Pornography / erotic items/material.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. Please note that the Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) Regulations expressly prohibit the supply of any medicinal product, no matter which category it's in, by mail order. Furthermore, the Regulations define mail order so as to include the use of electronic means to transmit an order. Even a pharmacy or a pharmacist can't sell through the internet in this country.
- Promotional media. Movies, CD's, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), etc., that are produced and distributed for promotional use only are prohibited for sale through this site.
- Property. Property either residential or commercial for sale, rent, let, share etc. We recommend using our sister site www.daft.ie
- Raffles. Items listed for raffle will be removed
- Recopied / Pirated media. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, movies, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media - whether laser disc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format - unless explicitly approved by the author. Unauthorised recordings are prohibited.
- Recreational substances such as, but not limited to "Poppers" etc
- Referral links
- Replicas of trademarked items.
- Rugby World Cup tickets: These can only be re-sold on the official ticket transfer platform
- Sectarian or ethnic offensive materials are prohibited.
- Second hand underwear. (excluding bras)
- SKY Q Boxes and Sky viewing cards. These remain the property of Sky.
- St. John's Ambulance Uniforms.
- Stab-proof/Bulletproof jackets, vests, body armour plates or similar
- Stolen goods. If we learn that an item listed in on the boards is not the property of the Seller, or was obtained through illegal means, we will lock the thread and delete any inappropriate information. We may also pass on any appropriate information to the proper authorities.
- Tanning products containing Melanotan 2
- Taylor Swift 'Eras' Tour 2024 tickets
- Television programs. Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events, are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Tobacco, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Select shops can sell alcoholic beverages & electronic cigarettes - to be determined on a case by case basis.
Turf. We have removed/rejected your advert as the sale of turf via advertising on the internet or in other media is no longer permitted in the Republic of Ireland.
Legislation which took effect on 31 October 2022 states: the holder of a right of turbary may sell or
offer to sell turf to another provided it is not by way of the internet or other media, or from a
premises or place used for the retail of food, fuel or other goods (including from shops, garages and petrol filling stations, fuel yards and public houses and other public places (within the meaning of section 3 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994 (No. 2 of 1994))
Further information can be found atwww.gov.ie/cleanair
Specific queries on the new Regulations may be addressed to the Department of the Environment,
Climate and Communications email@example.com
- Used safety equipment
- WiMAX Equipment
Please note certain invasive species are forbidden from being listed for adoption in our Pet Adoption category.
Any adverts found containing any of the above will be removed and the seller will face a warning / ban.
This is not a comprehensive list (and due to the nature of the site, we will never be able to have a comprehensive list). It should be a guide as to what is or is not permitted. The Adverts Moderators and Administrators have the final say on what items are permitted.
We reserve the right to edit or delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice.