What is not allowed on Adverts.ie?
Basically, anything illegal is not allowed. However, there are some items which, while legal to sell, buy or own, are not permitted to be sold on this site.
- Airsoft guns/ammunition. Please go to the dedicated airsoft adverts forum on boards.ie if you wish to sell these.
- Animals and unauthorised / illegal wildlife products with the exception of livestock (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and poultry only). Please note that when selling livestock, all rules and regulations from the Department of Agriculture must be adhered to with regards to animal identification and movement
- Baby food
- Beer Kegs and beer taps, coolers etc. These remain the property of the brewers
- Calor Gas cylinders.
- Cigarette or nicotine replacements.
- Diet pills and gels.
- Digital currency trading is prohibited.
- Domain names. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of domain names and the potential for trademark or copyright infringement, the sale of Internet domain names is prohibited. Please use Sedo instead.
- Electric Picnic tickets. These are non-transferable
- Firearms, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and hazardous materials. Adverts.ie does not permit the listing of projectile and concussive weapons that employ gunpowder or explosives. Basically anything that is considered a weapon is prohibited. Replica firearms and Air Rifles are prohibited. Toys that fire rubber pellets or foam darts are permitted.
- Daggers, hunting knives and pocket knives, swords
- Prong or choke collars.
- Garda speed meter detectors. These are illegal. Here's the relevant legal excerpt.
- Golden numbers for mobile phones. It is against the T&C's of the mobile service providers to sell these
- Hate materials.
- ID cards of any kind(Government IDs, college IDs, birth certificates, etc)
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
- Illegal items. Items sold on adverts.ie must adhere to all applicable laws. This includes the sale of items by individuals outside the Republic of Ireland and the EU. Some items that may not be sold include: Stocks and securities, lottery tickets, illicit drugs, prescriptive devices and drugs, lock-picking devices, smart cards, and any product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- IMEI blocked Phones
- Internet Service Provider Equipment. Some equipment supplied to you from an internet service provider (ISP) remains the ISP's property and must be returned to them on termination of a contract. Some examples of this type of equipment are Irish Broadband's RipWave or Digiweb's HomeWave.
- Irish Broadband Ripwave units.
- Irish Defence Forces Uniforms
- IRFU Tickets as per IRFU T&Cs Tickets may only be purchased from the IRFU or officially authorised agents of the IRFU. Any ticket obtained from any other source (for example, unauthorised intermediaries such as ticket brokers, internet auctions, internet ticket agents) will be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any person seeking to use such a ticket obtained through unauthorised sources will be refused entry into the Stadium, ejected from the Stadium and/or will have their ticket seized by the Management, in addition to other remedies available to the Management.
- Items that infringe upon an individual's privacy. We hold personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual's privacy are prohibited. Additionally, the sale of marketing lists (bulk e-mail lists, direct-mail marketing lists, etc.) is prohibited.
- Laser pointers > 5mW no greater than Class IIIa. Please read the Classification System and safety info. If you wish to sell airsoft scope/sights laser, please go to the airsoft adverts forum on boards.ie.
- Manchester United season tickets
- Methylated spirits
- Metal detectors
- NTL/UPC/Virgin Media Equipment. Resale of these is against Virgin Media's terms of service.
- Offensive material. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted on adverts.ie. Also, be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some items may be acceptable to some people, but unacceptable to others. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
- Order of Malta uniforms . They are a charitable organisation and only rent out the uniforms to their members. These can't be sold.
- Pirated software. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through adverts.ie. Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, NFR (Not for Resale) software, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (pre-release), unauthorised freeware/shareware, and "soft-lifted" software versions are prohibited. OEM software must be sold with the hardware with which it was sold, or in accordance with the terms the OEM software is sold with. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells pirated software through adverts.ie will be permanently banned.
- Pirated video games. Video games sold through Adverts.ie must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Silver disks, video game emulators, Sega boot-disks, game enhancers, unauthorised video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
- Pornography / erotic items/material.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. Please note that the Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) Regulations expressly prohibit the supply of any medicinal product, no matter which category it's in, by mail order. Furthermore, the Regulations define mail order so as to include the use of electronic means to transmit an order. Even a pharmacy or a pharmacist can't sell through the internet in this country.
- Promotional media. Movies, CD's, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), etc., that are produced and distributed for promotional use only are prohibited for sale through this site.
- Raffles. Items listed for raffle will be removed
- Recopied / Pirated media. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, movies, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media - whether laser disc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format - unless explicitly approved by the author. Unauthorised recordings are prohibited.
- Recreational substances such as, but not limited to "Poppers" etc
- Replicas of trademarked items.
- Sectarian or ethnic offensive materials are prohibited.
- Second hand underwear. (excluding bras)
- SKY Q Boxes and Sky viewing cards. These remain the property of Sky.
- St. John's Ambulance Uniforms.
- Stolen goods. If we learn that an item listed in on the boards is not the property of the Seller, or was obtained through illegal means, we will lock the thread and delete any inappropriate information. We may also pass on any appropriate information to the proper authorities.
- Television programs. Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events, are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Tobacco, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Select shops can sell alcoholic beverages & electronic cigarettes - to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Used safety equipment
- WiMAX Equipment
Please note certain invasive species are forbidden from being listed for adoption in our Pet Adoption category.
Any adverts found containing any of the above will be removed and the seller will face a warning / ban.
This is not a comprehensive list (and due to the nature of the site, we will never be able to have a comprehensive list). It should be a guide as to what is or is not permitted. The Adverts Moderators and Administrators have the final say on what items are permitted.
We reserve the right to edit or delete ads from our site at anytime and without prior notice.