Updated May 26th 2014
The Site is not directed at children younger than 13 years of age and is offered only to users who are 13 or older. Children below 13 may not register with the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children below the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a child below the age of 13 we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We recommend that young people aged 13 to 17 ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before using the Site or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
We collect the following information:
- Information which you supply on registration or as part of your profile (including your name, email address, phone number).
- Information which you provide in relation to any payment (including your phone number and/or credit card details).
- Information contained in applications for employment positions that you make using the Site.
- Information contained in resumes or curricula vitae which you make available on the Site for third parties to browse in connection with employment, consultant or contractor positions.
- Information which you post on the Site.
- Information which you otherwise provide to us (for example by email or private message).
- Information relating to your use of the Site generally. This may include, for example search history.
We require this information for the operation of the Site and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
- We may use this information for our administration, record keeping and in connection with any payment.
- We may forward any information you submit in response to a job advert to the customer that posted the job advert.
- We may use this information, with your permission only, to contact you for marketing purposes.
- We may transfer this information to any sister site of the Site where necessary for the operation of that site.
- We may disclose this information where required by law to do so.
- We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate.
- We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your personal information to any third party without your permission.
Technical details in connection with visits to the Site are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor's web server the top-level domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net).
- "Clickstream" data which shows the traffic of visitors around the Site(for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor.
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
We also use outside providers for web-site statistics. Please note that to provide statistics these use visitors’ IP addresses but do not have access to users’ usernames or email addresses. The primary provider we use is Google Analytics. You can find further information on the information which it collects at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
In addition to Google analytics we also stores full web log for analysis purposes.
We promise to only use your data in complete accordance with the following conditions:
- We may aggregate your data for disclosure to advertisers or business associates for promotion and marketing purposes. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the percentage age groups of our members but in such an event we undertake to ensure that no such data could be used to personally identify you.
- We may access your account for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints.
- We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our traffic figures.
We will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.
It is our policy to never disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party, unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 -2003.
Do not post any information you are not happy to leave up indefinitely. We recommend you do not post your name, address, telephone number, email address or anything else that may lead someone to identify you if this is something you are uncomfortable with.
We do not delete posts on request, except in special circumstances. We advise against the posting of personal details or information that may identify you on thread. However, you are free to do so at your own risk.
Please note that certain information, statements, data and content (such as photographs) which you may choose to provide might and are likely to reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. You accept that you are providing all such information, statements, data and content in full acknowledgment thereof and under your sole responsibility.
It is important to note that we do not remove user accounts and do not change user names. Please choose a username that will not personally identify you. However please be aware that we cannot guarantee that others will not be able to determine your identity even where your username does not reflect your real name.
If someone has posted your personal details on the Site with, or without your permission and you would like it removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a registered user is logged in, the account will be anonymous and the avatar is invisible. It will not be possible to view profiles or link into the users that have commented on the Site in this category.
Feedback will be available for the shop account after a purchase but the private user will not be able to receive feedback from the shop. Any feedback left by a registered user will also be anonymous.
Your username will however be visible to the registered Adult Boutique shop so they can contact potential customers.
Please view the individual shops terms of sale and shipping policy for further information.
Customers post information about employment, consultant or contractor vacancies on the Site, whether on their own behalf or, if a recruitment or consultancy, on behalf of third parties. These job adverts can then be accessed and read by other users of the Site. You can search for featured employers on the Site in addition to searching by individual job type. We do not vet or monitor the job ads in terms of their terms and conditions applicable to the use of your personal information.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of applications for employment positions that you make using the Site.
- details of resumes or curricula vitae which you make available on the Site for third parties to browse in connection with employment, consultant or contractor positions.
We use information held about you to provide registered customers of the Site with the information that you submit to the Site in response to a job advert. By submitting information in response to a job advert on the Site you hereby agree to us forwarding that information to the customer or customers that have posted that job advert.
You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information available to our Customers on the Site (e.g. by submitting a CV in response to a job advert) that the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the Customer. Such third parties may use your information (for example they may contact you, arrange an interview with you, review your suitability for a particular position) and such third activities are beyond our control.
Certain data such as your password will never be disclosed. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all activities that occur under your password or account. Please let us know immeadiately of any unauthorised use of your password, or any other breach of security.
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Site.
For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Site, or the activities that visitors to the Site engage in while using the Site.
The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other user of the Site to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your username and id, your account history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, content of private messages and comments or anything else that we deem relevant.
From time to time we may partner with an external provider to provide other services, for example we may ask an external company to carry out a survey or to run a competition. If any personal information is required you will be advised beforehand.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or rectify any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com. If you are a registered user please supply details of your username and email address which you supplied when registering. Please note that to protect your privacy we may require further information to verify your identity. There is a fee of €6.00 to process your request. Once you have paid the fee, you will be given the information within 40 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our first line of defense against nuisance posts is to delete them and to ban the user. Nuisance posts include potentially defamatory and/or infringing material, surreptitious advertising, spam, any other posts which breach the posting guidelines and any form of messages, posts or emails deemed offensive by the administrators or moderators.
Where a nuisance poster persists, we reserve the right to use email addresses and IP addresses to identify the user and halt the nuisance. For example, on a very few occasions, we have reported to organisations that it appeared that one of their employees or other users of their computer equipment was repeatedly making nuisance posts on the Site and asked them to take steps to stop it.
Where a poster recommends the products or services of their employer, they should state their conflict of interest. Where they do not do so, we reserve the right to point out that the poster appears to have a conflict of interest.
In common with many sites we use Google Analytics for web-site statistics. Some people have raised concerns about the privacy aspects of this service, as Google have access to your IP address (but not your Adverts.ie username or email address).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place certain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enable us to personalise your visits to this Site, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of this website.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser's help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites.
Like all websites, our servers automatically record 'log files' containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on the Site. We use log files to build pictures of how our Site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files.
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ie/.
Here is a list of all the cookies that we set and how we use them:
|Cookie Name||Typical Value||Purpose||Expires|
|advertsid||Randomly generated hexadecimal string||Used to identify user session||On browser exit|
|adverts_uid||Randomly generated number||Set only if "Remember me" is checked. Auto-login on subsequent visits.||On user logout or 1 year|
|adverts_uid_hash||Randomly generated hexadecimal string||Set only if "Remember me" is checked. Auto-login on subsequent visits.||On user logout or 1 year|
|adverts_show_signup||The user page view count or a 'no show' string||Used to display the signup popup after a certain number of page views.||1 year|
|adverts_show_fb_invite||The user page view count or a 'no show' string||Used to display the facebook invite friends popup after a certain number of page views.||1 year|
|adverts_show_fb_invite_munster||The user page view count or a 'no show' string||Used to display the facebook invite friends popup to munster users after a certain number of page views.||1 year|
|touch_off||"1"||Disables the touch site and forces the use of the full site||On browser exit|
|strap_*_*||"1"||Ensure a strapline won't be seen after being dismissed||3 years|
|iePinning_www.adverts.ie||"hidden"||Remembers when the user has dismissed the prompt to use the "site pinning" feature in Internet Explorer 9.||30 days|
|fb_login||"1"||Indicates that the user logged in via Facebook||On user logout or browser exit|
|fbsr_116958691666039||Alphanumeric string||The user's Facebook session information, if the user is logged in via Facebook||On user logout or browser exit|
|ajs_cid||Comma-separated list of numbers||A list of categories the user has recently visited||30 days|
|app_notice_off||1 or 0||Whether the user has dismissed or otherwise interacted with the notice regarding the app being available for their device||1 year|
In addition to the above cookies set by Adverts.ie, cookies may also be set by a number of our site partners:
|Delivery.FlashpointMedia.com (Ad serving)|
|OAID||Alphanumeric string||Online advertising user tracking||1 year|
|DoubleClick.net (Ad serving)|
|id||Hexadecimal||t=numerical|et=numerical|cs=hexadecimal||User id||2 years|
|_drt_||"NO DATA"||DART data.||1 day|
|Google Analytics (Audience Measurement)|
|__utma||Randomly generated number||Usage stats||2 years|
|__utmb||Randomly generated number||Usage stats||30 minutes|
|__utmc||Randomly generated number||Usage stats||On browser exit|
|__utmz||Randomly generated number||Usage stats||6 months|
|ie-stat.bmmetrix.com (Audience Measurement)|
|Bm_map||string||Identify location of user||01/01/2030|
|Cid||Alphanumeric string:numerical string||Client id||01/01/2030|
|Sid||Alphanumeric string:numerical string||Session id||On browser exit|
We also use third party advertisements to support our Site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our Site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our Site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing location-based advertisements) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google's DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests ("interest based targeting"). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses "non personally identifiable information". It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visitinghttp://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can contact us in the following ways:
- Using our contact page: http://adverts.ie/contact/
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal: Adverts.ie - Latin Hall, Golden Lane, Dublin 8.
We welcome your feedback on this document and thank you for using the Site!
- Web browser - The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Opera.
- IP address - The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.